You can make a difference to those in need!
Each year, Lexington Rescue Mission reaches out to thousands of men, women and children in our community who are in need. This could not be done without your help. It is only through dedicated volunteers and generous donations of food, clothing, in-kind gifts and money, that the mission is able to serve so many people. The following are ways that you can help:
Last year, more than 30,000 meals were served to those who were hungry. A donation of food is a simple way to make a difference. The following are ways you can give food items:
- Bring food to The Outreach Center at 444 Glen Arvin Avenue. The items we use most are spaghetti, pasta sauce, diced canned tomatoes, canned corn, green beans, peas and carrots, peanut butter, individual packages of cheese or peanut butter crackers, lemonade mix, coffee, sugar and creamer. We can also use paper towels and cleaning supplies, including dish detergent, bleach and Pine Sol.
- Encourage your church, workplace or organization to Feed the Need. These groups commit to collecting food for one month during the year to help feed those in need in our community. We bring and pick-up containers and have inserts available for your church bulletins. Let's work together to make sure that everyone in our community has something to eat!
- Don’t throw away leftovers from the company picnic or church dinner. Donate them!
Donate Clothing and Household Items:
The Lexinton Rescue Mission Thrift Store is located at 720 Bryan Avenue. Proceeds from the stores support the ministry of the mission. Vouchers are available at the warehouse store for those with emergency needs. We accept clothing, furniture, household items, electronics, books and hardware items.
Store hours are:
Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Please call (859) 254- 1712 to arrange a pick-up if you have larger items or donations.
Donate An Item on Our Wish List:
- Bath Towels
- Light-weight single blankets
- 20 Bed bug proof mattress and pillow covers
- Lawn mower
- Weed eater
- LexTran bus passes (30 day)
- Laundry detergent
- Toilet paper
- Hygiene items
- The Search For Significance: Seeing Your True Worth Through God’s Eyes by Robert S. McGee, Workbook - 5-10 copies
- Sound system for Mission special events: 2 Behringer XM8500 microphones
- 2 XLR 15’ – 20’ cables
- Portable PA system (Fender Passport 150 Pro preferred, at least 5 Channel mixer)
- Donate Money
Lexington Rescue Mission works hard to use your money wisely. There are over 8,000 households in our area that actively contribute financially to the mission’s programs, services and operating costs. There are several easy ways to donate financially, the easiest of which is to click the button below. You can also send checks to Lexington Rescue Mission, P.O. Box 1050, Lexington, KY 40588.
Donate Your Time:
Volunteers help in all areas at the mission. Click here for more information about our current volunteer opportunities.