Lexington Rescue Mission is able to provide services to those who are in need because people like you are willing to give a donation of time. We have volunteers plugged in and serving in many different ways.
A variety of skills are needed to help the Mission run smoothly, and volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Mentors, teachers, and more for Jobs for Life, our employment assistance program.
- Medical professionals to volunteer in our health center.
- People to sort donations and stock shelves at the thrift store.
- Handymen to help with renovations at our thrift store and transitional homes.
- Front Desk Support, answering phones, and greeting guests.
- Prayer support to pray with our guests during lunches and walk-in hours.
- Event planning committee members for fund-raisers and Gathering Place events..
The best way to get plugged in is by coming in to the Mission for an informal tour. We would love to meet you, show you around and find the best way for you to get involved. Click here for mission tour dates and times!
Tours are held at The Lexington Rescue Mission Outreach Center at 444 Glen Arvin Avenue (off of Georgetown Road between New Circle and Newtown Pike). They last one hour, and lunch is provided at noon tours. You can reserve your spot on a tour by calling Kelly Svec at (859) 381-9600, ext. 243, or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.